> Home > Policy information > Product features
Orchestralguard insurance offers different levels of cover to suit the widest variety of musicians . Our flexible cover allows you to choose the options that match your needs - for example, if you don't need ''in-vehicle' cover... .why pay for it?
The information displayed is for guidance only and no contract or contract term is implied - only the policy wording can be taken as a binding contract.
For more information on what is or is not covered under the policy, please read the Policy terms section where you will find the Insurance Product Information Document and the policy wording.
Orchestralguard insurance is suitable for anyone playing stringed, woodwind, percussion instruments or pianos, including:
- Home- or studio-based musicians
- Performing musicians
- Hobbyist musicians
- Semi-pro and professional musicians
- Music teachers
Orchestralguard options include:
- Cover against accidental damage, theft and loss and up to £250,000
- Instrument breakdown, like an extended warranty, this covers against failure due to a mechanical, constructional, electronic or electrical fault for electronic items up to seven years old and all instruments (claims are subject to a £50 excess for each and every item).
- Replacement on a new-for-old basis (vintage and rare items are covered by valuation)
- Diminution of value, covering you against any loss in value due to a claim
- Hire cover until items are replaced or repaired (subject to an approved claim)
- Choice of area covered: from UK only, UK and EU with 30 days worldwide, or worldwide
- Theft from a vehicle
- Public liability choices up to £5m - essential for performing musicians
- Personal accident cover
What is not covered - key exclusions
We are committed to providing you with clarity on the cover you are looking to purchase and aim to tell you the key exclusions of this policy before you buy. For full information on what is or is not covered under the policy, please read the Insurance Product Information Document and the policy wording.
Exclusions relating to theft of your instruments
- Any claim under £100
- Theft at the insured location or in a vehicle unless there is forcible and or violent entry and you have complied with the security requirements
- Theft of your musical equipment if left unattended when away from its usual insured location unless it is in a locked room, locked cupboard and there is forcible and violent entry, and you have complied with the security requirements
Exclusions relating to accidental damage of your instruments
- Any claim under £100
- Whilst in transit by any carrier unless it is securely packaged in a rigid-bodied case
- When in a vehicle, unless it is securely packaged in a rigid-bodied case
- Accidental damage when hired out to any other person
- Mechanical, electronic or electrical breakdown (However breakdown cover is available for this type of incident)
- Marring, scratching and denting to items other than musical instruments
- Failure to use items in accordance with the manufacturers instructions
- For theft, loss and accidental damage claims there is no excess but there is a minimum claim amount of £100
- Our optional breakdown cover has an excess of £50 per item
- Public liability claims are subject to a £500 excess for third party property damage only.
If you want to reduce your premium, you can pay a voluntary excess.